Hi Everyone.

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/10 2:59 pm - Hatboro, PA
Hi everyone, I'm new here..  My name is David and live in the Philly burbs.  I was looking into lap band a few years ago, but never went through with it.  But I now have my surgery scheduled for 8/24 for the Realize Band!  I certainly can't wait to get it done, it's certainly been a long process. 

Unfortunately I've got numerous stomach/GI issues going on, and several GI doctors have recommended weight loss surgery as a form of treatment.  So I'm looking forward to losing weight, and to hopefully help alleviate some of my other medical problems... 

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi. 
MaMa_M
on 8/11/10 9:23 pm - MI
Welcome David. I am almost a year out and it is the best decision I could have made. I no longer have high blood pressure or sugar issues. I feel great and am looking forward to my future...hopefully that will include grandkids at some point! I hope your journey is a great one!
MaMa M

AnitaMcD
on 8/12/10 1:09 am - So. Orange County, CA
Hi David, I'm Anita.  I had Realize band surgery on 7/20.  My first fill is coming up and I am so ready for it.  I think food is going down too easy for me at this point.  I have lost 16 lbs. so far since the surgery and have been active daily for at least 30 minutes (walking, gym, aquatic) - week 3 anyway; just hope I can keep that up.  So, welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey.

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

tbines401
on 8/12/10 3:10 am - Columbia, SC
Hi: David,

I am Tara and I had the surgery 12/02/08. This is the single best thing
I have done for myself in 16 years. What a difference my life has been.
Congratulations on your decision to take your life back.

rich_in_nfpa
on 8/12/10 6:51 am - New Freedom, PA
Welcome, David. I was banded on 2/23 of this year so I'm about 5-1/2 months out. As the others have said, it's one of the best decisions I ever made. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I've lost more than 45 pounds since then and feel better than I have in years. My surgeon repaired my hiatal hernia at the same time as he banded me and, thanks to that, I no longer have GERD. What a blessing to lie perfectly flat in bed and not have acid reflux.

Best of luck on your journey. We'll clear off a place on the Loser's Bench for you! 

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
rosesrbl
on 8/19/10 7:12 am
 Hi.I also was banded 2 23 2010.I love my band.The best decision I could have made.I had a hernia also..couldnt miss a nexium for Gerd.I have lost 46 pounds so far.Good luck to you...Welcome 
Tom C.
on 8/13/10 2:59 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hello David, and welcome !! I will be getting your seat on our Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle ready !!

Always know we're here for you !!

Good luck, and keep us posted how things are going !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/10 7:36 pm - Hatboro, PA
Well thank you everyone for the replies that I had gotten.  Sorry, I posted and then I haven't been back on the website since then. 

I had my surgery this past Tuesday, and everything went well.  To be honest, I'm actually surprised at how little pain I have had after the surgery.  Hopefully I don't jinx myself by saying that.  *knock on wood* 
Most Active